• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

doing my att. work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

ftw

someone called in claming i had 3oz of meth.in my hotel room. they came to the room asked if they could enter to search, i said no they ran a dog round my car,... room is in my name, car is in my name,listed in the hotel office...my name, my room and my car. cops said the k-9 hit on the outside of my car.k-9 never taken to the doorway of my hotel room.two hours later, not letting me close the room door, one cop hands me a search warrant for my car and room, with the works on it,..meth, coke, pot, and herion. nothing was found in my car,they found less then 7 grams of meth. a pipe,scanner,etc. in the room.i ended up with the original serarch warrant(different color ink),and blank affidavit, my police report has a different search warrant,..sighned,(copy) and a different affidavit. do i have a good grounds for dismissal?

[This message has been edited by ftw (edited September 08, 2000).]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Basically, I don't know exactly what you are getting at. I think you are trying to hint at a bait and switch type of situation.

Here is my take:

1) drugs WERE found
2) If the original search warrant was insufficient (either not specific in what items think there would be in the room or the name is wrong, etc) than perhaps you may have a chance at getting it dismissed based on the fact evidence was found as a result of an illegal search.

3) however, if the police had the good faith belief the orignal warrant was valid, then you are out of luck.

P

peter

what do you care....you had meth on you plus pipe scanner etc...

BE A MAN AND PLEAD GUILTY!

Dont waste our time or the courts time with your oh im innocent, police misconduct,

Just dont bend over while in Jail!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">