• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Doing the right thing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? My son and his girlfriend recently had twins. The babies have been at my house off and on for 3 months, they are only 4 months on the 2nd of Aug. The parents are not married to each other but live together. She has 2 older kids (5yrs&2yrs) from her husband. The problem is neither of them work, they have been evicted and had to move to a apartment. Neither of them can clean a house so it is a filthy hole. I took the babies home yesterday to this.They have had alot of time to get it cleaned and decided what to do, but they haven't done a thing. The babies seem to be a inconvience to them. This is such a mess it makes me sad, but I want to do the right thing. Someone is going to turn them into the state and they are going to lose all the kids. I need to know what my rights are as a grandparent without stepping on to many toes. I know I should go back and get them but the constant back and forth is alot on the babies and on me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential