• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic Criminal Tresspass -- Arkansas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Boston329

My spouse left me about two months ago. I haven't filed for divorce yet, but he is no longer living in our home. However, he comes and goes as he pleases (while I am at work) taking whatever he wants, laundry, etc. I never know what to expect when I come home from work. Can I legally change the locks? I am tired of him violating my space. I have to hide things just to keep him from taking. What can I do?

Last edited:

LdiJ

My spouse left me about two months ago. I haven't filed for divorce yet, but he is no longer living in our home. However, he comes and goes as he pleases (while I am at work) taking whatever he wants, laundry, etc. I never know what to expect when I come home from work. Can I legally change the locks? I am tired of him violating my space. I have to hide things just to keep him from taking. What can I do?
Unfortunately until a judge gives you exclusive use of the marital home you cannot prevent him from entering. You cannot even prevent him from moving back in. Therefore it might be time to go ahead and file for divorce and ask for exclusive use of the marital home as part of that filing.

You could change the locks, and he might just accept that. However, if he doesn't accept that he could simply break in, and you could do nothing about that.

FlyingRon

Forget about the "preview" warnings. That's not the problem here. The forum is running completely different software than it did when that was a problem. The problem occurs because the poster thinks that the "What is the name of your state?" means that answer is all you put in the initial edit box. It almost always was the issue with the other version of the software that had the balky preview.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">