• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

domestic violence and child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fcorl

What is the name of your state? KY My sister has only been married a couple of months and has a 4 1/2 month old baby. Her husband has been very abusive and they have filed atleast 3-4 police reports on each other. He is on 2 years probation for 4th degree assault from the last time. Yesterday she told him she wanted a divorce and he started hitting her and he threw a shoe and hit the baby in the head. She took the baby to his Grandmother's work because she didn't know where the ER was. His Grandmother told her that the baby didn't need to go to the ER because it would cause more trouble. My sister then took the baby to the police station. They told her to go get the baby's formula, diapers and our mom. While she was doing this, her husband and his Grandmother filed Emergency Protection Orders against her and said that she cut him, punched him 1000 times, and set him on fire. It was quit obvious that none of that happened since he didn't have any marks on him except teeth marks where he bit himself. Anyway, they let him turn custody of the baby over to his Grandmother. How could they do that? All she wanted to do was take the baby to the hospital to make sure she was ok (the baby was never taken to the hospital or doctor). All they did was take pictures of her. They also let her husband leave with the Grandmother and the baby. It just seems like they don't have the baby's best interest in mind. They go to court October 29th. Does anyone have any advice on what we need to do by then? Thanks and sorry this is so long!

J

JETXX

Throwing a shoe at a baby is a cheap shot. I would pick up a boot and throw it at this person. How would he like it if he were a baby and had a shoe or sock thrown at his head. Babies' heads are very small and soft and don't like being hit with a shoe upon the head region or this or that. I would file a Ad Homium Corpus Cristi in your local superiour court. Tell the judge you would like to follow the statute in Nike vs Lee Malvoy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">