• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic Violence, CPO Common Pleas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tripp33.Hipp33

OHIO
I made a statement against my live-in boyfriend that said he choked me but the statement was false. I later called the cops, about 4 days later, and recanted my statement. So pretty much admitting that I lied to the police about everything that had happened. Well a few days later me and him had gotten into an argument and I found out I was facing a possible felony for what I had done so I went to the court house and spoke to the officer again saying that he had threatened me and I didnt want to be charged with a CPO being as I'm 8 months pregnant and I cant handle the stress of all of this. I lied to them and they pushed me into getting a CPO against him, I went in front of the judge and told him what I told the officer. So I also lied to get the CPO because I was being I was facing a felony if I was charged with falsifying a statement. I put in a request to have the CPO dropped due to me wanting the father to be at the hospital for his child birth and I even admitted to the victims advocate women and the women who notarized my CPO that I lied to get it because I was scared of being charged with a felony and dealing with everything while pregnant. The court date is set for August 13th and he has been officially served now so the court date is set now. What I'm asking is, what are the chances of the CPO getting dropped since it is through common pleas court? Am I guaranteed to be in trouble with a felony? I really just wish all of this would go away and it's all my fault, I was in the wrong 100%.

HRZ

It's rather common that a lover somehow later wants the charges to be dropped and then even later when she found beaten to a pulp we all run about asking how the system failed to protect her. Quite frankly if you lied to police to falsely get him in trouble ...you deserve whatever the system provides .....being pregnant is not an excuse for making false accusations . You might get the benefit of doubt ..but you seem to have piled one lie atop another....right now you might be far smarter to get a lawyer and let him or her advocate the best options

Eekamouse

OHIO
I made a statement against my live-in boyfriend that said he choked me but the statement was false. I later called the cops, about 4 days later, and recanted my statement. So pretty much admitting that I lied to the police about everything that had happened. Well a few days later me and him had gotten into an argument and I found out I was facing a possible felony for what I had done so I went to the court house and spoke to the officer again saying that he had threatened me and I didnt want to be charged with a CPO being as I'm 8 months pregnant and I cant handle the stress of all of this. I lied to them and they pushed me into getting a CPO against him, I went in front of the judge and told him what I told the officer. So I also lied to get the CPO because I was being I was facing a felony if I was charged with falsifying a statement. I put in a request to have the CPO dropped due to me wanting the father to be at the hospital for his child birth and I even admitted to the victims advocate women and the women who notarized my CPO that I lied to get it because I was scared of being charged with a felony and dealing with everything while pregnant. The court date is set for August 13th and he has been officially served now so the court date is set now. What I'm asking is, what are the chances of the CPO getting dropped since it is through common pleas court? Am I guaranteed to be in trouble with a felony? I really just wish all of this would go away and it's all my fault, I was in the wrong 100%.
You're a pretty despicable person. You know that, right? The courts aren't there for you to play these stupid games with just because you are mad at your boyfriend for a minute. Ever heard that story about the boy who cried wolf? The men you meet throughout your life would be wise to run the other way rather than get involved with the likes of you.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
As an attorney in Ohio, I can hope that you are charged with a felony and that your baby is removed by CPS due to your bad judgment. You keep lying and you don't care as long as you face no consequences. The main thing is, you don't get to try to rewrite the story after you already wrote it with the courts/police. You need to realize that CPS can remove your child if you remain with the father who you stated choked you and then threatened you. That is a very real possibility.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">