• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic violence divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seriouslytired

What is the name of your state? Utah.
My husband tried to kill me and I’m doing so I am suffering lifelong injuries. He is facing a 2nd degree Felony Aggravated Assault and a Violation of Protective Orders. He violates it daily and the police always state that they need more solid evidence. Regardless, he served me with Divorce papers at the Civil Protective Order hearing.
It has come to my attention that he has been seeing his ex girlfriend.
I asked my Attorney’s to include all of the money that he has spent on her during our marriage. They are on it.
Forgive me? I dislike to call my Attorney. I have zero income and I am suffering permanent injuries from the Assault to try to go to work.
How long does it take to receive Spousal support?
The next step in the Divorce procedure is the Deposition. Please help me were am I during the proceeding?
Will I receive an income soon?
Not only is he looking at Felony charges but he is outright, in your face with his extra marital affair!
We have a house, several cars, furniture and my medical bills. Any support and encouragement is appreciated. Thank you!

Eekamouse

What is the name of your state? Utah.
My husband tried to kill me and I’m doing so I am suffering lifelong injuries. He is facing a 2nd degree Felony Aggravated Assault and a Violation of Protective Orders. He violates it daily and the police always state that they need more solid evidence. Regardless, he served me with Divorce papers at the Civil Protective Order hearing.
It has come to my attention that he has been seeing his ex girlfriend.
I asked my Attorney’s to include all of the money that he has spent on her during our marriage. They are on it.
Forgive me? I dislike to call my Attorney. I have zero income and I am suffering permanent injuries from the Assault to try to go to work.
How long does it take to receive Spousal support?
The next step in the Divorce procedure is the Deposition. Please help me were am I during the proceeding?
Will I receive an income soon?
Not only is he looking at Felony charges but he is outright, in your face with his extra marital affair!
We have a house, several cars, furniture and my medical bills. Any support and encouragement is appreciated. Thank you!
So what if he's seeing his ex-girlfriend? Maybe he'll leave you alone now. How is he violating the order daily?

bcr229

I would not plan on receiving any spousal support from him, especially if it looks like he's going to prison.

Seriouslytired

So what if he's seeing his ex-girlfriend? Maybe he'll leave you alone now. How is he violating the order daily?
Wow! A divorce like this is very sensitive. Are you a Domestic Violence abuser as well? Your come back seems like it. Please, go find your heart and use it?
He violates the Protective Orders daily by coming to the house long enough to upload everything on my phone and leaves. He calls me on “Unknown” numbers to just hear me say hello. After the arrest he took my name off of the ADT Security System account and walked right in. I have since changes the locks. After the Protective Orders he has taken my name off of all accounts. It is a Violation of the Protective Order. I found an automatic assault riffle (he has prior felonies) and the Police refused to take it out of the house.

Seriouslytired

I would not plan on receiving any spousal support from him, especially if it looks like he's going to prison.
I agree. This was my 1st thought. My Attorneys stated that in the case it would all be mine. Which I intend to sell and live with a new slate. Although I won’t take it all. I’ll contact his parents to put what is his into storage. He can even have the $75,000 race car.

Seriouslytired

I am very dissatisfied with the replies on this website. I better read up again because you all are giving snippy legal advice without passing the bar. Not everyone is in the case but I could assume that the majority is not legally allowed to give legal advice.
Why did I post you may ask?
Because I knew that I would get a snotty reply by members with too much ego for them to be compassionate about anyone’s legal issue. I prefer to pay my Attorney. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">