• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

domestic violence segment on CNN (california)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? California.

I was watching CNN this morning and some lady was talking about domestic violence, She represented the domestic violence coalition of california.

Anyways she said that everyday 3 women are killed due to domestic violence from husbands and boyfriends, I like how the anchor corrected her statement mentioning that their are angry wives, g/fs that commit domestic violence too,

Are these stats true?, 3 people are killed due to domestic violence each day? iS this for california or nation wide?

She mentioned the basics, see a battered womens shelter to help you get a civil remedy done or to get a criminal one,.

She also mentioned that people who get protection orders are still getting killed and said that their needs to be better laws, they failed to mention how women easy abuse restraining orders to get kids or get somone to move out of the house or for child support ect.

Domestic violece has always been around, we just adapted from evolution, I know how girls are easily attracted to power, and i think its from some evolutionary mechanic, girls are attracted to abusive bfs, it anchors something in them. Just like lions pure and bite each others neck and pull each others hair before sex, its a evolutionary mechanic for mating.Does the abuse show survival of the fittest? IS IT SOMETHING WOMEN CAN CONTROL, or are they deeply attracted to it

i dunno but i knew some guys that knew how to bust some girls balls and the girls turned into stalkers, and by busting someones balls i mean being ****y funny in a relationship.

Just Blue

I was watching CNN this morning and some lady was talking about domestic violence, She represented the domestic violence coalition of california.

Anyways she said that everyday 3 women are killed due to domestic violence from husbands and boyfriends, I like how the anchor corrected her statement mentioning that their are angry wives, g/fs that commit domestic violence too,

Are these stats true?, 3 people are killed due to domestic violence each day? iS this for california or nation wide?

She mentioned the basics, see a battered womens shelter to help you get a civil remedy done or to get a criminal one,.

She also mentioned that people who get protection orders are still getting killed and said that their needs to be better laws, they failed to mention how women easy abuse restraining orders to get kids or get somone to move out of the house or for child support ect.

Domestic violece has always been around, we just adapted from evolution, I know how girls are easily attracted to power, and i think its from some evolutionary mechanic, girls are attracted to abusive bfs, it anchors something in them. Just like lions pure and bite each others neck and pull each others hair before sex, its a evolutionary mechanic for mating.Does the abuse show survival of the fittest? IS IT SOMETHING WOMEN CAN CONTROL, or are they deeply attracted to it

i dunno but i knew some guys that knew how to bust some girls balls and the girls turned into stalkers, and by busting someones balls i mean being ****y funny in a relationship.
Your entire post is just so offensive I don't know how to respond...Please..PLEASE...Get some mental help!

I like how the anchor corrected her statement mentioning that their are angry wives, g/fs that commit domestic violence too,

You are covering a lot of ground here.
Yes there are, on average, 3 women (not people) murdered everyday nationwide by a firearm. That's only via a firearm count - there are details of "other" weapons used too. Moreover, pregnant women are most vulnerable and are murdered at the highest rate. Also, most of the victims are white between 25 and 32. It is also important to note that these are "just" the DV victims. In 2004, there were over 4,000 "other" victims basically caught in the crossfire.
These stats. come from the US DOJ.

You are correct in stating that women also commit domestic violence. California law recognizes the "dominant" offender. Usually the stronger, if two people are in the act. However, until the is more reporting, the numbers won't change. Hence, the DVRO or court recognition. Even IF it is not granted, it is still recorded.

The laws in California are quite good. What is needed is enforcement and accountability. But resources are strapped all the way around. The more voices demanding an issue be protected is the issue that will be protected.

The other day I saw a news clip of a man shooting at a childcare door. Workers and children were inside, screaming and terrified. He was caught in full action via a video security camera. The man was unable to enter. He was after his girlfriend.

I really don't know where you get your theories from but NO woman is attracted to a violent man under any circumstance, trust me (or the other way around). Usually the men act nicely in the first stages of the relationship and later change, they get on a "power trip", they get controlling and become emotionally, physically and verbally abusive because "they can" (men have a tendency to take their partners for granted after a while) - so they think. A lot of women stay with their abusive partners out of fear. Also, most men can't stand it when a woman is as successful or more successful as they are and then the factor of jealousy comes into play too. In my case, my ex (who threw me on the ground, pulled my hair and then kicked me in the kidneys) got violent with me because he is very insecure about a lot of things and that's how his Dad acted around his mother. In those kind of cases it is "learned behavior", a disrespect for women, period. In my case, I took control of the situation, I got a Domestic Violence Order For Protection (which will most likely stay on his personal record forever which will prevent him from getting a job with Law Enforcement, the military and health care) and filed for a dissolution of marriage. Trust me, abusive people are the scum of the earth and nobody is attracted to them. Period.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">