• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic violence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MzEdwards

You can probably thank the neighbor. Domestic violence incidents often escalate to the point where the one being abused is seriously injured or killed.

Good luck.
I know it can be very serious and I am glad that he has gotten the opportunity to receive the rider program.

quincy

I know it can be very serious and I am glad that he has gotten the opportunity to receive the rider program.
The rider program's education requirements could keep your spouse from reoffending, if he can complete the terms of the program to the satisfaction of the parole board.

The parole board is given the authority to keep a convicted felon in prison for the entire term of his sentence or release him on whatever conditions they feel are necessary.

Just Blue

He is getting his counseling and I have been seeing my counselor as well.
People can have their opinions but all I was in search for is what authority does parole have.
Thank you again.
The question was answered. Yes. His PO can arrest him if he contacts you or even if you contact him. The rest of the advice on this thread was to help you...as you seem to need it.

Last edited:

MzEdwards

The rider program's education requirements could keep your spouse from reoffending, if he can complete the terms of the program to the satisfaction of the parole board.

The parole board is given the authority to keep a convicted felon in prison for the entire term of his sentence or release him on whatever conditions they feel are necessary.
Thank you for the information I really appreciate it and it is very helpful.

quincy

Thank you for the information I really appreciate it and it is very helpful.
We appreciate the thanks, MzEdwards.

I hope your spouse gets the help he needs and that you can become strong enough to resist any attempts by him to control you through violence.

Good luck.

HRZ

not only that, but depending on the terms of parole , if you go 'visit' him in some other location that might trigger a parole violation and a trip back to jail for him ...be darn careful to follow the requirements ...

quincy

not only that, but depending on the terms of parole , if you go 'visit' him in some other location that might trigger a parole violation and a trip back to jail for him ...be darn careful to follow the requirements ...
There should be a no contact provision. The terms of parole will need to be followed or parole can be revoked.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">