• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Don’t Call, Don’t Show?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I don’t intend to provide a testimony unless it is subpoenaed and the court orders it.
If a party to the case simply asks you to testify, you may refuse. You have no obligation to testify unless you are served a subpoena calling you to testify. But if you are served with a subpoena you do need to appear and testify unless you succeed in getting a court to grant a motion to quash the subpoena. So far, however, I'm not seeing anything here that would be a good reason for the court to quash the subpoena.

LdiJ

I'm trying to figure out what could possibly be privileged wrt daycare.
I see your point. However, I also cannot imagine how much of anything to do with daycare would help someone with a custody case either. Daycare providers are mandated reporters so if anything was going on that was bad enough to involve the daycare, it would already be reported.

Just Blue

I see your point. However, I also cannot imagine how much of anything to do with daycare would help someone with a custody case either. Daycare providers are mandated reporters so if anything was going on that was bad enough to involve the daycare, it would already be reported.
Based on OP posting I can think of several reasons
she might be called to court.

HRZ

AZ has long lists of docuements a licensed care facility is required to maintain ....if some docuement is NOT on that list, why maintain it? IF you destroy a docuement AFTER it has been properly requested that's a different bad problem..but apparently you are merely speculating at what combatants might seek. And how old is the child and might one be addressing educational records ? Somewhat of an expensive unsuccessful local battle to obtain video records taken on a school bus .....expensive....why get involved as a 3d party in other battles?

what you think is a trade secret and privledged information may be far from the legal reality of what is privledged ...and why spend mega bucks to debate the points.

Absent some record as part of a role as a mandatory reporter ...I think video records are very questionable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">