• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

don't have a valid driver's license-child transport

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I currently don't have a valid driver's license. I am in the process of getting it back. Who is responsible for transporting and/or picking up my kids from my ex? She claims that only a relative can do it. Is this true?

do you have a court order for visitation? It is my understanding that either party can designate a compotent adult for pick up and drop off. Unless it is specified diffrently in your orders. If not all you have to do is notify her of who this person is and they are over the age of 18 and are acting as your designated compotent adult.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential