• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dont know what to do about accident at dads

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



last week was at my dads house, was out in the yard with younger brother jumping a bicycle. well the bottom of the jump broke sending me flying. i landed on my shoulder and was taken to the emergancy room, ex-rayed and told i had seperated my collar bone. am in a splint/immobilizer/squeezer thing trying to get the ligaments to reattach to the bone. have been to the doctor once since hospital for a checkup and am going back this week again and am told will brobably need physical theropy before this is over. i have also not worked my normal hours because of inability to do much of anything with just my left hand and constant pain from right shoulder. i dont have medical insurance and was wondering if dads home owners will cover something like this and if it does could it effect what he pays for insurance. and after reading some messages here would it be wise to talk to an attorney, about this entire thing.

i live in the state of virginia




many homeowners policies will have a small medical payment policy as part of the package that is eparate from the liability; thesew coverages are often small, i.e. $1000 to $5000 in coverage, but if available, it would apply regardless of fault. The liability part would generally depend on if there is a basis to prove negligence. Most injury attorneys will give an initial consult for free, so it might be worth it. Good luck, and I hope you feeling better soon.
George Senteney

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential