• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Don't know what to do!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Denamp

Hi, I live in Mississippi. We bought our home in Dec, 2000.
When first looking at the home we smell urine in the bathroom, we assumed it was because it needed to be cleaned , I even mention it to my real estate agent and home inspector. They said the same thing, it probably needs to be cleaned.The sellers had just put new carpet down in the home in Oct. 2000 , which there is carpet in the bathroom.Anyways, we closed on the home and the first thing we did was cleaned the bathroom, the smell wouldn't go away. So, we cleaned and cleaned , same smell. So we pulled up the new carpet to find a gross site .Large urine stains all over the floor , the carpet strips the are nailed to the cemment where rotten with urine , the smell was so bad when e pulled up the carpet . I vomited twice! Pretty sick site! Well we where very angry that they did not disclose this damage that was hidden under the new carpet. They adviously had a toilet leak and had to put new carpet, instead of cleaning the cement and putting new boards before the new carpet went down, they covered up the damage. WE have tried cleaning the floor and put new floor down , but the smell comes right threw,Are the sellers responsible for the damages that was hide under the carpet?

D

Denamp

What to do?

Should I write the pervious owners a letter about what we found under the carpet, they knew that they had damages under there . What steps should I take ? Thanks :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">