• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

don't want to deal with the "other"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? TX
a big part of my divorce is my soon-to-be-ex commited adultery on top of other issues; i went thru severe depression, weight loss, was taking anti-depressant, still seeing counselor and doctor; i want to request an injunction to keep 'her' from attending/participating/appearing at any and all of my childrens' activities/functions for the longest period of time allowed...is this at all possible; i do have a lawyer...still waiting on response;my reasoning is i don't want ongoing stress and frustration; i believe her being will prolong my recovery from the mental and emotional abuse, am i asking too much.


Under the Radar Member
You can't do that, and a judge will seriously frown on your attempts. If you have custody, it could affect that to the extent of allowing your stbx to take custody of them. One thing judges really, really hate is when a custodial parent tries to disrput the relationship between the other parent and the children - and this idea of yours does just that. While what she did was wrong and against your marriage, a court will not see punishing the kids for it.

I would strongly suggest you look into a group like DivorceCare, perhaps some counseling, to help you move on with your life.

It's no fun having to be in the same room with an ex/stbx regardless of the circumstances. But it's doable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential