• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dorothy (an heir)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dorothy Savoy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Texas Law:
I am an heir with my sisters and a brother. One of the sisters has an account set up for the Estate of Louis Kowalski Sr. We have been getting checks from a lawsuit my Dad was involved with before he died.

My sibling has been deciding on her own whether or not we want to settle for one amount or hold out for more money in Dad's Mesotheolioma lawsuit. Anyway, there is a question as to whether she has been spending money on other things besides making checks out to heirs. An has not kept us informed on the lawsuits, and no copies of the checking account since this has started more than five years ago.

I am part of the Kowalski Estate so I am wondering if I can go by the bank and get copies of how the money has been spent. The account is in the Estate of Louis Kowalski.

Can you offer any info.?
Thank You!

Dandy Don

Is the sister the executrix? Banks will not usually release information to anyone besides the executrix. Consult your own attorney to find out if you have any status as an heir to participate or benefit in proceedings resulting from the lawsuit and whether the heirs should have been named as official parties in the lawsuit.

The attorney for the estate may not be willing to give you much information if the sister executrix hired him.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">