• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DOT medical exams

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goldenbear86

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Can your employer require you attend a mandatory medical exam without compensating you for your time? This exam is required for continued employment. I have been informed that I will need to complete this medical exam after my scheduled work hours.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

H

hydrocarbon1000

hummm

You are working now for the company & they now want you to go for a physical? Can they do even this? Maybe. I would tell the Dr. I am a Johovah Witness & he cannot take any fluids... on your own time ??? I dont know about this either. Why are they telling you they need all them employees to do this? If no reason is given; I would just go (on my own time arrr! but not let them take any fluids) - a physical w/o a blood test is pretty nuch useless these days. The DR cannot force you to take fluids if you are a witness & they cannot fire you for this either & you dont have to prove you are or not. If you are driver with a CDL / HAZMAT licensed waste hauler then you may wish to ignore all my adive above.

Last edited:

eerelations

goldenbear86, please ignore hydrocarbon1000's "advice" - hydrocarbon1000 knows nothing whatsoever about employment law and in addition appears to be more than a little insane.

Please be patient, one of my esteemed colleagues here will soon weigh in with the correct answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">