• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Double Capital Murder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pburchett

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I hope that I am in the correct forum section...

My brother murdered and then robbed both of my parents 1 year and 2 months ago. He has fully confessed, and there is a mountain of physical evidence to corroborate his confession. He had been evaluated by 2 psychiatric facilities and found to be competent. The Commonwealth of Kentucky’s prosecuting attorney is currently handling the case, while the Commonwealths defense attorney is supplying counsel for my brother. My brother will be tried for this capital offense, which will include the death sentence or life in prison without the possibility of parole. My brother is aware of his options and is willing to plea guilty and go on to prison for life without the possibility of parole. Neither attorney seems to be very interested in the case any more and is telling me that it will be another year before my brother is to be tried in court

The defense attorney has gone from a gung-ho attitude to an oh-well attitude. The lax attitude is possibly due to the influence of a single extended family member, who wants my brother to go free, as it will not implicate others actions which helped to precipitate the death of my parents, via drugs), The defense attorney still wants a plea that will set my brother free in 5-12 years. I will forever stand firm on life in prison without the possibility of parole, or the fate of a death sentence if the jury so chooses it.
My questions are as follows:
1. What can I do to help speed my brother to the penitentiary, as he wants to write the Judge a letter and fire his attorneys?
2. Should I hire an attorney that will be loyal to my money?
3. Cay anyone give more advice in general?

Some Random Guy

1. What can I do to help speed my brother to the penitentiary, as he wants to write the Judge a letter and fire his attorneys?
Encourage him to fire the lawyers and represent himself. His lack of legal experience will certainly add to his sentence.

No ethical attorney would risk disbarrment and prison for deliberately misrpresenting a client.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

pburchett said:

My brother murdered and then robbed both of my parents 1 year and 2 months ago. He has fully confessed, and there is a mountain of physical evidence to corroborate his confession. He had been evaluated by 2 psychiatric facilities and found to be competent. The Commonwealth of Kentucky’s prosecuting attorney is currently handling the case, while the Commonwealths defense attorney is supplying counsel for my brother. My brother will be tried for this capital offense, which will include the death sentence or life in prison without the possibility of parole. My brother is aware of his options and is willing to plea guilty and go on to prison for life without the possibility of parole. Neither attorney seems to be very interested in the case any more and is telling me that it will be another year before my brother is to be tried in court

The defense attorney has gone from a gung-ho attitude to an oh-well attitude. The lax attitude is possibly due to the influence of a single extended family member, who wants my brother to go free, as it will not implicate others actions which helped to precipitate the death of my parents, via drugs), The defense attorney still wants a plea that will set my brother free in 5-12 years. I will forever stand firm on life in prison without the possibility of parole, or the fate of a death sentence if the jury so chooses it.

My response:

Boy, your parents must have REALLY pissed him off! Oh, wait a minute . . . that was Lyle and Eric Menendez.

IAAL

Just Blue

pburchett said:

Are you suggesting that an attorney that you may hire, FOR YOUR BROTHER, would not represent him zealously at your request? Even if you were able to find a scuzzy lawyer
that would do that....it would give your brother grounds for a new trial....

rmet4nzkx

The criminal proceedings are underway, his attorney represents his best interest. If he has any assets or was in colaboration with others you might consider a civil suit, then you can hire an attorney to represent your best interest and the estate. His confession should help have you consulted an attorney re a civil suit, are you representitive for the estate?

pburchett

I have not consulted an attorney regarding a civil suit. My brother owns nothing, except for his possible inheritance. I am the representative for the estate, and have an attorney for that.

rmet4nzkx

pburchett said:
I have not consulted an attorney regarding a civil suit. My brother owns nothing, except for his possible inheritance. I am the representative for the estate, and have an attorney for that.
Then ask the probate attorney the effect of the confession and the possibility of inheiritance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">