• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Double Closing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I have found a local fsbo property in Alabama in which the owner wants to receive 79k cash at closing. While I would like to buy this property, I have found someone else that could be willing to pay 84k. How could I close this deal without being given a "commission"? I think I may have a problem on the HUD-1 disclosure form. I want to buy the property and sell it at the same time with 0 money out of my pocket.



Senior Member
Don't tell anyone this secret ok.
You have an attorney write
up an option agreement to purchase the property at the $79K. You will need to put down say $1000 to tie up the property but write the check payable to escrow. Then when that is done, you assign the option to the next person for $6000 cash. You also assign the $1000 to the optionee. You will still have to declare the $5K as income for tax purposes but you will not have to deal with a HUD form or closing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential