• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

doubled accounts on credit report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spacelady_emt

What is the name of your state? Kansas

My problem is that I had several accounts go to a collection agency when I was living in Colorado and then when i moved to Kansas they sent them to a different collection agency here in Kansas. I asked that they be sent back to the original agency and I am paying them off there. But they are showing up on my credit report as me still owning these bills and both agencies. I have called both companies and get the run around from them. How can I get the second company off my credit report.

S

spacelady_emt

I thank you for your advice. Can you tell me what is the best way to dispute them. Should I just use the form they send you with your credit report or should I try writing my own letter. The second agency tells me that they do not have to take it off my credit report or even change the report is this legal.

bigun

I would try this approach. Just use the form from the CRA and send it backk CRRR. At the same time, I'd send a demand for validation letter to the CA who is reporting the duplicate account. Send that CRRR as well. The CA will have to list the account in dispute. If they don't, you have a FDCPA violation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">