• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dr delaying signing provider statement of need

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

What is the name of your state?

Why do you think the doctor has delayed signing the "statement of need?" What need?

violet55

What is the name of your state?

Why do you think the doctor has delayed signing the "statement of need?" What need?
In Texas. My sister (64 yrs) is on medicaid has been with same dr (her PCP) for 23 yrs. He did not x the bx on (Provider Statement of Need Form)stating she needed continued help by her provider .he gave her back the form stating he had not seen her in 2 or 3 yrs so he did not know what was wrong with her.. for her to see her kidney dr and have him sign the form. Then he walked out of the room. She needs to see her kidney dr every 3 months due to her kidney problems. Dr was sent 5 faxes from Superior Health Plan insurance requesting his "x" on form. He ignored all. She needs this form filled in order to continue with a provider. My sister has had rheumatoid arthritis 42 yrs, has lost one eye, kidney disease stage 3, high bld pressure, difficulty with balance and walking, arithymic heart rate issues. Is he within his rights to do this? She was told to pick up the form and see the dr and ask him again to sign it. What if she goes with the form and waits at his office and he walks off like he did before? Perhaps she should just go to her kidney dr like he rudely told her and avoid anymore drama from this prima donna doctor? She has an appt with kidney dr on tues. The clerk at her insurance company suggested she find another dr. Which is probably the best solution to avoid any more stress. We are now helping her look for another dr. I thought the elderly or patients had rights. Thank you. We apologize for the long msg. Thank you.

paddywakk

She should take it to the doctor she has been seeing regularly. I can see that one she hasn't seen in several years may not want to verify she needs continued care. Why can't she take it to the one she is seeing for kidney issues?

LdiJ

In Texas. My sister (64 yrs) is on medicaid has been with same dr (her PCP) for 23 yrs. He did not x the bx on (Provider Statement of Need Form)stating she needed continued help by her provider .he gave her back the form stating he had not seen her in 2 or 3 yrs so he did not know what was wrong with her.. for her to see her kidney dr and have him sign the form. Then he walked out of the room. She needs to see her kidney dr every 3 months due to her kidney problems. Dr was sent 5 faxes from Superior Health Plan insurance requesting his "x" on form. He ignored all. She needs this form filled in order to continue with a provider. My sister has had rheumatoid arthritis 42 yrs, has lost one eye, kidney disease stage 3, high bld pressure, difficulty with balance and walking, arithymic heart rate issues. Is he within his rights to do this? She was told to pick up the form and see the dr and ask him again to sign it. What if she goes with the form and waits at his office and he walks off like he did before? Perhaps she should just go to her kidney dr like he rudely told her and avoid anymore drama from this prima donna doctor? She has an appt with kidney dr on tues. The clerk at her insurance company suggested she find another dr. Which is probably the best solution to avoid any more stress. We are now helping her look for another dr. I thought the elderly or patients had rights. Thank you. We apologize for the long msg. Thank you.
If she has an appointment on Tuesday with the Kidney doctor she might as well have the Kidney doctor fill out the form and x the box. Some doctors really do have a problem with not filling out those kinds of forms for people they haven't seen in two or three years.

violet55

That is what we will do wait till tues. She wanted it filled then because she needed her provider and it had been 5 days he had ignored the faxes. But i agree she shares part of the blame for not seeing him. And she didn't because she had no new medical issues. Lesson learned on her part i hope. Thank you for your time and advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">