• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driver's License Compact - New Job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rick7888

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SC

I'm not sure whether this question can be answered exactly, however I'd like to get the best info possible. I am going to court for DUI in GA 12/04,my plea is guilty. I start a new job on 12/15. They require a license to start. I live in SC, Is it likely GA will report guilty DUI and that SC will pick up and cancel my license by the 15th of december?

Obviously this is critical, your answers are appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cyjeff

Even if you beat the info, what were you planning to do at a job where a license is required when yours is suspended?

riddick

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SC

I'm not sure whether this question can be answered exactly, however I'd like to get the best info possible. I am going to court for DUI in GA 12/04,my plea is guilty. I start a new job on 12/15. They require a license to start. I live in SC, Is it likely GA will report guilty DUI and that SC will pick up and cancel my license by the 15th of december?

Obviously this is critical, your answers are appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
As I have been doing my research, I came across some agreement between states to share dui info about drivers. So you might want to google something like "dui states share information" or something similar. If SC is not on that list then maybe, if GA is or vice versa, I'm not sure, but hopefully that will get you started.

FlyingRon

Google better. All states share suspension information. Computers are wonderfui things. Get a DUI w/suspension of your out of state driving privs, expect your home state to hear about it and take action.

Rick7888

follow up

I know that the information will be shared between the states. My question is "how long will it take for GA to report to SC?". Anybody have a good estimate?

cyjeff

I am really not just practicing my typing here.

What are you going to do in a job that requires driving whenever your license suspension is known to SC?

I am guessing you are hoping to get the job and then just drive suspended. That would be galactically stupid. I mean, this would be up there with lighting a match to see if there was any gas left in the tank stupid.

Rick7888

Stupid...yes

but may be necessary. What I plan on doing is getting provisional license in SC. This is allowed for first time offenders. In the meantime, I may have to drive.....or be homeless. Do you have any suggestions?

I'm open

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
but may be necessary. What I plan on doing is getting provisional license in SC. This is allowed for first time offenders. In the meantime, I may have to drive.....or be homeless. Do you have any suggestions?

I'm open
What makes you think that SC will issue a provisional license for an offense in GA?

What you are doing is slimy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">