• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

driver's license or registration??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sitrokn

What is the name of your state? CA, I was scared to have just found something out. My registration address (incorrect) is different from my Driver's License Address. If I was supposed to receive a moving violation (eg red light camera flash) wouldn't that be sent to my driver's license address? I also heard that if I don't receive any kind of red light ticket within 15 days theres a very good chance it can be nullified due to technicality. Wouldn't this be applicable here too??

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? CA, I was scared to have just found something out. My registration address (incorrect) is different from my Driver's License Address. If I was supposed to receive a moving violation (eg red light camera flash) wouldn't that be sent to my driver's license address?
A red light camera citation would be sent to the registered owner of the car at the address that the car is registered.

I also heard that if I don't receive any kind of red light ticket within 15 days theres a very good chance it can be nullified due to technicality. Wouldn't this be applicable here too??
Your failure to provide a correct address isn't a "technicality" that you can use to get out of a ticket.

sitrokn

A red light camera citation would be sent to the registered owner of the car at the address that the car is registered.

Your failure to provide a correct address isn't a "technicality" that you can use to get out of a ticket.
Wait so for the registered owner, would it be sent to the address based on my registration (wrong address I'm mailing to fix) or my driver kicense number. They'll have to run my license and it would show my license plate with correct address as the owner.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Wait so for the registered owner, would it be sent to the address based on my registration (wrong address I'm mailing to fix) or my driver kicense number. They'll have to run my license and it would show my license plate with correct address as the owner.
You didn't read my post, did you?
Also, please stop posting here - post in your other thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">