• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving again?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PamelaSB

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I was involved in a car accident in December 2002. I pulled over where I could, the other driver did the same. We both waited for the other person to return. I eventually drove my car to my home, which was only a mile away and phoned the police to report the accident there. I had went out to lunch that day and had a few drinks. I had 2 more drinks before police arrived 30 minutes later. The officer gave me a breath test, did not tell me the results, showed it to his supervisor who had also arrived at my home, walked back over to me and handed me a ticket to sign. He said that I was being charged with hit and run. My court date was Feb.My attorney arrived 45 minutes late, spoke with the solicitor for 5 minutes, motioned me outside and told me they would drop the hit and run charge if I would plead guilty to DUI (which is my second in 5 years), crossing the center line and driving on a restricted license. I did not even know there were other charges. I have so far served 3 days in jail, I have 240 hours of community service, over $2000 in fines, probation for 2 years, I have to attend AA and my license was suspended for 1 year. I need to be able to drive again soon as my parents (who have been driving me) are ill and unable to continue. When that time comes, I would lose my job. Is there anything I can do to get my license back before another 6 months?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You are out of your mind.

What could possibly possess you to think that we would help you, a repeat, recalcitrant, drunken offender? What possibly makes you think we would want you back on the road - - especially when you get into vehicle accidents?

Were you drunk when you wrote your post?

IAAL

P

PamelaSB

In response to I AM LIABLE... you are correct. I should should have simply died in that accident. How tacky of me to have disturbed you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

PamelaSB said:
In response to I AM LIABLE... you are correct. I should should have simply died in that accident. How tacky of me to have disturbed you.

My response:

There you go. Now you've got the right idea!

One less drunken driver. Since you're hell-bent on killing yourself, why not take pills? It's cheaper, quicker and more private.

Unfortunately, and statistically speaking, you'll "take someone else out" in your drunken stupor - - like a child - - before you end up killing yourself.

Gee, thanks loads.

And, you're right again . . . it was "tacky" for you to have lived to disturb me.

IAAL

Last edited:
P

PamelaSB

Well...onto any other people who might want to respond. Possibly any intelligent life forms out there? I would only drink and drive again if I could be absolutely positive I would take out an moron like you liable. I posted this for help, not to argue with a low life.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

PamelaSB said:
Well...onto any other people who might want to respond. Possibly any intelligent life forms out there? I would only drink and drive again if I could be absolutely positive I would take out an moron like you liable. I posted this for help, not to argue with a low life.

My response:

You think I'm a "low life"?

Got a mirror?

IAAL

HomeGuru

PamelaSB said:
Well...onto any other people who might want to respond.

**A: we will take the liberty of responding and have just two words for ya;
Got Brains?

signed,

any other people

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Originally posted by PamelaSB

"Well...onto any other people who might want to respond. Possibly any intelligent life forms out there?"

===================================

My response:

Are you actually grouping yourself with "intelligent life forms"?

EQUATION - - Drunk driver = Intelligent Life Form.

Na, I don't think so. It just doesn't equate.

Hey Homey - - watch how many "criminals" start in on this thread - - like insects to a lightbulb. It never fails.

IAAL

T

TeeK58

IAAL

Is this PamelaSB for real??? She is the one that has gotten caught twice (not counting the times she managed to make it home driving drunk without killing innocent people) And she has the nerve to call you a moron and a low life??? Is this girl for real??? Now I see exactly what you meant in your last post to me. So I guess she thinks that everyone should help her to get her license back so the next time she decides to drive drunk, maybe instead of killing herself, she might take out somebodys son or daughter. These people are unbelievable.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

This is EXACTLY the type of post I was talking about, Teek. It never fails to astound me that someone like this could actually be serious - - and serious enough to go on the Internet to ask for "advice."

It's so funny it's sad.

IAAL

P.S. Teek, welcome to your Baptism.

Last edited:

stephenk

Instead of thinking how to get back to driving, do the following:

1. Get a bus pass;
2. Use a taxi;
3. Arrange for a neighbor or co-worker to drive you to and from work; remember to pay for their gas.
4. Get a bicycle; remember you can be cited for DUI on a bike.
5. Walk.

BlondiePB

And, you can be cited for public drunkenness while walking when drunk. It is obvious you were drunk when you posted. Just look at the date of your accident. December 2002 hasn't even arrived. You leave the scene of an accident, drive home, call the police, and have a few more drinks. What a "BUCKETHEAD"!! Then, you, a repetitive drunk driver posted for free advice and help to get your driver's license back and you don't like the responses? Well, then look in the yellow pages for a criminal attorney. We intelligent, law abiding, citizens and professionals have no sympathy for you and no desire to help you. We don't think your 3 days in jail, 240 hours of community service, $2000 in fines, 2 years of probation, and a year's suspension of your driver's license is enough, and WE DON'T WANT YOU AND OTHER DRUNK DRIVERS ON THE ROAD.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Top 10 Reasons Why Our Writer Shouldn't Get Her License Back - -

NUMBER 10: Too Drunk To Read This.

NUMBER 9: Thinks driving is funnier when you're drunk.

NUMBER 8: She enjoys watching "disgruntled postal worker week" on Jeopardy.

NUMBER 7: Fervently believes that Bob Barker should be neutered at the end of "The Price is Right".

NUMBER 6: Every time she finds the toilet seat up, she blames it on me !

NUMBER 5: She keeps telling lies like, "I haven't been this drunk since college" and she's NEVER been to college!

NUMBER 4: Every damn time she gets drunk she says to her friends, "Did I show you guys the complete line of Amway products yet?"

NUMBER 3: After her last car accident, our writer was overheard saying, "Is that your femur sticking out, or are you just glad to see me?"

NUMBER 2: Wants to see the new Olympic sport for 2004: Really Drunk Skiing!

AND, the NUMBER ONE Reason Why This Writer Shouldn't Get Her License Back - -

Really enjoys watching a good "Lead Pipe Free-For-All" in bars!

Last edited:

BlondiePB

More Reasons Why Writer Shouldn't Get Her License Back

Watches Monday Night Football and believes "first down" is a race to "score" with Bubba.

Too drunk to make it to "Drunks R Us" gathering.

Every time she needs to puke and finds the toilet seat down, she blames IAAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">