• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

driving while suspended

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sadwings

I am from n.y. and I recieved a ticket in md. for driving on a suspended liscense. Since then my n.y. liscense has expired. I recieved the ticket over two years ago. I have renewed my liscense from n.y. with no problem. Is there a statute of limitations for this infraction? If not what are my odds of being jailed? Also I have moved to another state.

C

CombatTN88

sadwings said:
I am from n.y. and I recieved a ticket in md. for driving on a suspended liscense. Since then my n.y. liscense has expired. I recieved the ticket over two years ago. I have renewed my liscense from n.y. with no problem. Is there a statute of limitations for this infraction? If not what are my odds of being jailed? Also I have moved to another state.
Be sure to avoid Maryland if you have to go around it. If you touch the state of Maryland and trooper or cop checked you out, yu are in a pen with Bubba.

Regards, Combat

PS. Get a lawyer in MD to work out the deal with the District Attorney.

Bravo8

I'm a bit confused. Was your NY DL suspended, and you received a citation in MD b/c of it? What happened with the citation? Did you fail to pay it, and that's why you are asking? If not, who cares what the "statute of limitations" is, you already took care of the violation. Your post makes little, if any, sense.

I am assuming you didn't pay the citation. Most likely you are suspended in Maryland, which means that your NY license should be suspended as well (Drivers License Compact). Maryland most likely never contacted NY to suspend you DL.

Why not be an adult and take care of your responsibility?

Jeter

The post makes plenty of sense and is self-explanatory. He was driving in MD with a suspended NY license. He was pulled over (for whatever) and given a ticket for driving with a suspended license. He obviously didn't pay the ticket and got away with renewing his NY license without the infraction showing up on his record. He would like to know if this infraction will go away on its own per SOL or if he must address it. Combat answered the question already. Best bet is to have a ESQ handle the matter w/ the DA in MD. If not, avoid the state because a warrant will go out for his arrest and if he gets pulled over he goes to jail. Nothing else to it.

Jeter

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">