• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving with no insurance...etc...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
Saratoga County, New York State

I was pulled over for being an unlicensed operator, operating without insurance, operating while registration susp/revoked, providing invalid ins. id card, and aggravated unlic op 3rd.

What is my situation here? What kind of court fees/fines am I looking at? Should I try to hire an attorney or get a court appointed one? I really won't have much money to hire a lawyer if the fees/fines are too great.

Please help me with any advise you may have.

Thanks in advance,

Aaron M. Jester


Senior Member
You can't get a court appointed attorney unless you are being charged with a misdemeanor or felony. Traffic tickets usually don't qualify. A lawyer would definitely benefit you. Bottom line, this is going to cost you a LOT more money then simply buying insurance would have cost. Driving on a suspended license is stupid, but not as much as without insurance. If you had hurt or killed someone in an accident, you'd be spending the rest of your life paying those bills. As it is, I suspect you won't ever get your license back without legal help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential