• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving without license in california. Help?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frogism123

hey! so i went to the clerk's office and they told me I HAD to appear in court to deal with the ticket. My due date is on the 20th of January, but I go back to school on the 19th. I was not given a court date besides the one on my ticket and the next court date available is when I am in another state. What should I do? Am I allowed to schedule a court date past the date on the ticket?

Tensed

Hello, I know its a old post but I am curious to know what happened next? Was the case dismissed? I have a similar case coming up so afraid a bit,

quincy

Hello, I know its a old post but I am curious to know what happened next? Was the case dismissed? I have a similar case coming up so afraid a bit.
This thread is from 2009.

There has been no sign of the original poster since that time.

If you have a legal question, please start your own thread. Thanks.

quincy

Thanks @quincy ! I was just wondering that how things work at court as no one seems to update how it went after their court trial.
Occasionally a poster will return with an update. More often than not, however, once legal problems are resolved (regardless of how they’re resolved) the posters are happy to leave that part of their lives behind.

If a poster chooses to return, they are welcome to provide an update. But this forum prefers that ONLY the original poster revive their old thread. Otherwise the threads should remain in the archives for reference purposes.

Just Blue

Occasionally a poster will return with an update. More often than not, however, once legal problems are resolved (regardless of how they’re resolved) the posters are happy to leave that part of their lives behind.

If a poster chooses to return, they are welcome to provide an update. But this forum prefers that ONLY the original poster revive their old thread. Otherwise the threads should remain in the archives for reference purposes.
To add to the above...It is highly unlikely (as in it ain't gonna happen) that the original poster will come back after 10 years to tell you how it worked out.

quincy

I am sorry for posting !
You don’t need to apologize. You are certainly not the only one who has posted to an old thread.

The revived threads will generally have the new postings deleted and the thread returned to its proper year - or sometimes locked to future postings.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">