• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drop box for rent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sassycat3172

Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Oregon
I just want to know if the State of Oregon or city of Portland requires landlords to have a place where the rent can be dropped without having to mail it?
Thank you
 


south

Senior Member
Yes its called the place where he wants his rent sent to mail it or walk it there..



sassycat3172 said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon
I just want to know if the State of Oregon or city of Portland requires landlords to have a place where the rent can be dropped without having to mail it?
Thank you
 

sassycat3172

Junior Member
south

south your real funny if you read my post it says without mailing it and i cannot walk it to a postal mail box that wont accept things that are not mail. you must not have spent your 25 bucks on coffee yet wake up
 

south

Senior Member
Riddle me this

A place to give rent where you do not mail and you do not walk it or hand deliver it....

Ok Riddler how about tucking it under your pillow errr wait a minute would that not involve walking it to the bedroom?

Ok you got me; how are you going to do it with out mailing and without hand delivering it?

Whats coffee taste like?


sassycat3172 said:
south your real funny if you read my post it says without mailing it and i cannot walk it to a postal mail box that wont accept things that are not mail. you must not have spent your 25 bucks on coffee yet wake up
 

south

Senior Member
It was your post and I said I gave up please tell me the answer to this riddle my head is still spinning....




sassycat3172 said:
you must think your cute or something South give it up go back to bed
:rolleyes:
 

sassycat3172

Junior Member
???

and you wonder. ooh ya i get it thats it you "just wonder" riddle me this Y are you on here??????
Gee what a thought would i ask the question if i really knew the answer.
 

HomeGuru

Senior Member
sassycat3172 said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon
I just want to know if the State of Oregon or city of Portland requires landlords to have a place where the rent can be dropped without having to mail it?
Thank you

**A: yes, if L so designates in writing, the location is at the landlord's current place of abode, designated physical location or the rental managers business office.
 

south

Senior Member
Then ask a normal question perhaps with a little more common sense before posting.

No one is a mind reader here; your question states you want to know an alternate way to pay your rent, which does not involve hand delivery or mailing.

You point at me and imply I am stupid but it’s your question.




sassycat3172 said:
and you wonder. ooh ya i get it thats it you "just wonder" riddle me this Y are you on here??????
Gee what a thought would i ask the question if i really knew the answer.
 

south

Senior Member
HomeGuru the OP does not want to hand deliver or mail.

HomeGuru said:
**A: yes, if L so designates in writing, the location is at the landlord's current place of abode, designated physical location or the rental managers business office.
 

sassycat3172

Junior Member
sorry alittle wordy

so only if the Lease says it it is not a state or city law the reason i ask is cause the landlords have been saying they are going to have one soon ( this said since feb ) but now they have decided to charge 20 dollars each time they have to come pick up the rent which i can understand but i will not pay this if the law states a drop box is required i have repeatedly asked about the drop box and they say we will have one soon. I also informed the landlord about the issue of rent being late if i can not have a place to drop it or they do not pick it up and they have said they will get back to me no response of course this is verbal i know i should get it in writting but all i really want to know is if Oregon requires it it is not on the lease
 

south

Senior Member
You will have to put up with it until the added convenience of a drop box is installed.

Your lease probably clearly out lines you have to deliver or the rent has to be received by a certain date, so that is what you have to do.

A drop box at the building is not legally required, the problem with drop boxes at the building is a security problem and is that rent either..

A: gets stolen from the box on a regular monthly basis

or

B: tenants that do not pay rent on time start swearing they put cash and money orders in the box then refuse to pay stating it’s the landlords box etc etc.

You are legally obligated to deliver to your landlord as agreed on your lease.




sassycat3172 said:
so only if the Lease says it it is not a state or city law the reason i ask is cause the landlords have been saying they are going to have one soon ( this said since feb ) but now they have decided to charge 20 dollars each time they have to come pick up the rent which i can understand but i will not pay this if the law states a drop box is required i have repeatedly asked about the drop box and they say we will have one soon. I also informed the landlord about the issue of rent being late if i can not have a place to drop it or they do not pick it up and they have said they will get back to me no response of course this is verbal i know i should get it in writting but all i really want to know is if Oregon requires it it is not on the lease
 
Last edited:

sassycat3172

Junior Member
you dont get it

i never said anything about not hand delivering it reread the first post what i mean by drop box is a place to hand deliver the rent as of right now there is no such place they said i can not psyically bring them the rent thats what i have been saying the entire time watch who your calling a idiot and try reading things thru you might get it all of you statement a based on what you got out of it not what you actually read REREAD my first post
 

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">
Top