• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug Charge during traffic stop/Ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You should start a new thread for any new questions that are unrelated to previous subjects that you may have posted about previously.
You should not tack on hypothetical question to other peoples' posts, as that is a waste of the volunteers time and, more importantly, could mislead the person who asked the original question.

quincy

This comment is not related to my main situation but to say thanks. I want to tell everyone that I greatly appreciate all the replies and private messages I've receive educating me on laws and/or where to find more information. I have learned so much about different legal matters (and still have plenty more that I can learn on this site). I love learning new things! I knew the legal system was complex but I have learned it is way more complex that I thought. Some of you have blown me away with your knowledge and willingness to discuss the legal matters involved. I promise not to delete future threads I make. :)

Just for clarification so I don't ruffle any feathers in the future, is it frowned upon for a clueless person like me to ask a more specific question related to the subject on someone else's post or should a new thread be started? For example, would it be okay if another poster posted on this thread "Would the charge be different than a minor misdemeanor if it is a person's second offense?" or "If a person in the same situation is a minor, are they looking at the same punishment?" Just trying to be educated on rules and/or preferences with the threads. Also, if a similar question is asked but it was asked quite awhile ago and "my" circumstances are a little different, do people get pissed for starting a new thread and asking a similar question?

Thank you so much quincy for taking more of your time to reply and educate me a bit more. :) I do have a question which you might not be able to answer.... Why are some people so rude in their reply to someone that asks a question? While reading different threads I see posts like "Shouldn't have been speeding." or "What did you think would happen?" or "Shouldn't have broken the law and you wouldn't be in this situation." While I understand those things are valid, some of the replies are not educational at all and very rude. I thought this site was so people could be educated about laws.
It is preferred on this forum that posters do not ask their own questions on another poster's thread. It can confuse the original poster and can divert attention away from their legal concerns.

Even if your legal issue is in some way related to another poster's issues, there will be enough differences to warrant you starting your own thread.

That said, all of a poster's OWN related concerns should be kept to a single thread. Every question does not need a new thread.

As to responses that you may find rude or unhelpful, it is best to ignore them. Take from this forum what you find useful and leave the rest behind without comment or another thought. :)

As a note, though: We all have our own way of addressing questions on this forum. Sometimes what might seem rude or unhelpful or dismissive can actually be educational. These responses show a poster how a judge and/or jury might view the issue.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">