• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug Charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Athnsgirl

Last week on our way home from vacation, my boyfriend was pulled over for speeding. The officer said that my boyfriend took too long to pull over, and thus he was suspicious about the contents of the car. The cop told him that he was going to search the car, and that if he found anything illegal in it, he was going to arrest my boyfriend, me, and the other person in the car. Or, he told my boyfriend that if there was anything illegal in the car, that he could just hand it over. SO, my boyfriend handed over a pipe that marijuana had been smoked out of, and a TINY pinch of marijuana. The cop gave him a ticket for this.

My boyfriend was just going to pay the ticket, but he found out that his state scholarship for college could be in jeopardy if this goes on his record and he could also lose his licence up to one year. My boyfriend has NO previous record and has never been arrested. He has a job and is in school and cannot stand to lose his license.

We have tried contacting lawyers here, but no one will give us a free consaltation. We just want to know if he has a shot at getting this thrown out or not put on his record? As I said, he has no previous record, so is there any way that they might not take his license or put this on his record? Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

C

CrackRock

Here in Minnesota I was faced with the same charge and there is no way to get out of it. He had it so he's guilty, right. Face the music guys. He'll lose his lisence and have to take the written test to get it back. That fine isn't nice either. Cops do what they want and he searched the car and found weed. Do the crime, do the time.

A

Athnsgirl

If I wanted to be lectured at, I would have asked my mother. I do know that some people have gotten around this stuff because they have no prior record. I was seeking legal advice, not your personal rant. Thanks anyways.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">