• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drug charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

ztan_ws

What is the name of your state? Washington

I am a college student who was recently "arrested" for possesion of marijuana. I was told that if I cooperated with police in setting up my buyer, all charges against me would be dropped. However, after the incident I was only given a card with a name and number of the agent who I should contant in order to cooperate, but no official ticket or citation. Now, I am wondering if I was even formally charged with anything. How can I find this out before getting myself into a dreadful undercover situation?

dequeendistress

Did you try asking the person who advised you to set up the dealer would result in no charges?

Try the prosecuting attorney's office otherwise

cmorris

Are you sure you want to set up your dealer??? Depending on the person, it may be a very, very bad situation...

Son of Slam

ztan_ws said:
What is the name of your state? Washington

I am a college student who was recently "arrested" for possesion of marijuana. I was told that if I cooperated with police in setting up my buyer, all charges against me would be dropped. However, after the incident I was only given a card with a name and number of the agent who I should contant in order to cooperate, but no official ticket or citation. Now, I am wondering if I was even formally charged with anything. How can I find this out before getting myself into a dreadful undercover situation?
Once the officer charges you, he may no longer himself "drop" the charge. It becomes the decision of the DA. Therefor to make you this "deal" he has not charged you yet.
Your counter offer should be to be issued a permit to carry a machine gun concealed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">