• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug Charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Abbey283

I lived in an apartment with two other people. One of them has been arrested and charged with dealing ecstasy. There were two other people involved with this person. They got caught with the stuff and pointed the finger at all three of us. Me and my other roommate were not involved in this at all but have been arrested and charged with Criminal conspiracy with intent to deliver. The ones that got caught are being named as confidential informants. I and my other roommate are not on the lease, we just lived there. How bad is this. It is on the federal level but so far it is a criminal complaint. Can we be convicted just on someone saying we did something?

ALawyer

You have a right to remain silent and anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have a right to a lawyer and if you can not afford one, one will be appointed for you by the court. SAY NOTHING until you speak with a lawyer representing you.

These are VERY serious charges and the best way to get the matter resolved is usually BEFORE formal charges are filed.

S

steiger99

I feel your pain

Your name is not on the lease correct. Have the cops ever caught you personally in the house with the illegal substances? If not your not that bad off. The person living there on the other hand is in a world of ****. You two going down with him will not help him in any way shape or form. He is still ******. He should take full blame since you two were not involved, even if you two were involved all of you going down for the same crime is just more money the government is going to get. They could care less whether or not you were involved they just want your money. I would get some free legal advice from an actual lawyer before I did anythign else. Good luck

As long as you have not admitted to anything your still fine. THe cops can't use verbal statements from people to get a warrant. Cops like to try and trick people into making quick uneducated decisions. You have the right to remain silent. If you have until now your in the clear. Play your cards right and get the hell out of that house.

Peace out!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">