• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Blondi89

Warrent in buffalo after not going to drug court i moved to Florida a year ago i dont want to spend a year in buffalo over this i will do it but i want to do it in florida where i moved too Help Please Buffalo is a trigger im cleam niw since i moved here a year ago um doing good.

Just Blue

Warrent in buffalo after not going to drug court. i moved to Florida a year ago. i dont want to spend a year in buffalo over this, i will do it, but i want to do it in florida where i moved too. Help Please! Buffalo is a trigger... im cleam niw since i moved here a year ago. um doing good.
Punctuation makes your post easier to read...don't you agree? I highly doubt that NY will cede the case to Fl and EVEN IF they would I doubt FL would be willing to accept it.

quincy

Warrent in buffalo after not going to drug court i moved to Florida a year ago i dont want to spend a year in buffalo over this i will do it but i want to do it in florida where i moved too Help Please Buffalo is a trigger im cleam niw since i moved here a year ago um doing good.
It obviously would have been better for you had you sought to transfer your probation to Florida before leaving New York. Now you have the complication of a warrant for your arrest.

I suggest you contact your New York probation officer and a New York attorney to handle the mess you created in New York, and start working with a lawyer in Florida about getting your case transferred to Florida, so you can serve out your sentence where you currently live.

Good luck.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
i dont want to spend a year in buffalo over this i will do it but i want to do it in florida where i moved too Help Please
Well you should have taken care of the issue before you moved. You don't get to make up your own rules - the system doesn't work that way.

If you don't take care of it you will likely be detained and held for a time anytime you encounter the police, like on a traffic stop. These detentions tend to happen at the worst times and depending on the timing of it you could be held in jail several days until the agency that originated the warrant can be contacted about it.

Do what quincy told you - probation officer and attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">