• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drug dealing neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jay19602

Pennsylvania My wife and i talked to the landlord representative regarding the use and distribution of narcotics by our downstairs neighbor. The smell of marijuana in the hall and the sale of other types of drugs as well. We asked her that we do not appreciate what's going on down stairs that if their is anyway she can get us another apartment thru the lanlord. All she replied was call the police. We do not want to do that being that we are the new people on the block and we have two young children. She took the liberty to call the police or she claims and also call the neighbor to ask if our alligations are true. Now the rumors are going around the neighborhood and i am afraid of retaliation from them especialy because of our children. What can i do regarding this issue in order to get out of my lease. We have7 months left on our lease and things are just getting worse. :confused:

Last edited:

FarmerJ

you have to call the police, even if you do it from a pay phone to report the activity, see your LL needs copys of police reports to help get rid of the tenant if by some chance the police happen to find enough activity to justify looking into it further. If you break your lease you set your self up for alot of financial hardship later by having to pay rent while your LL finds a new tenant to replace you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">