• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thanks for pointing out the previous thread, Quincy. It seems that the OP is trying to manipulate the facts presented so that she gets an answer she wants to hear.

HRZ

IF you move in as tenant with sole occupancy rights , you are free to go talk to police and invite them in to your home at any time .

Having been there, don't be surprised if past customers/users stop over in search of deals...you may have some short term risky behavior in your area.....hopefully the tenant dealers have moved several blocks away and have zero rights to return ...if the family dynamics have not changed and you are not in firm control of the premises ..then don't move in!

I not trying to get an answer I want. Some things have changed and the drug dealer is getting an apartment with his girlfriend

quincy

I not trying to get an answer I want. Some things have changed and the drug dealer is getting an apartment with his girlfriend
The house will be known as a common nuisance until the police are convinced that it isn't.

The fact that the drug dealer is a family member means that convincing the police that drugs are no longer being used, offered, sold, manufactured, kept, financed, or delivered from the house will be a challenge.

HRZ

I see the point that if there is one dribble of anything in the house and you invite police in and police find it they can put OP on hot seat...especially if she was involved with cleaning up and getting rid of drugs ....around me the police don't seem to care about folks on bottom rung ...but apparently they can squeeze them pretty hard to roll on others and at least locally the DA has a bit of a record of seizing drug houses and selling them ....as others post and I now rethink. ..OP unwise to invite police in.....and OP unless you have a clear lease giving you sole possession and the Moxie to back it up....I'd NOT move in lest brother's GF tosses him and he moves operations back to this home ..bully power et al.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Watch the video.
It's not a matter of whether or not they find drugs in the house...it's a matter of whether or not they find anything in the house. You can't just invite the police in and demand that they ONLY look for drugs.

quincy

Maxine is related to a known drug dealer. The house she wants to live in was this drug dealer's house and a known common nuisance.

Inviting the police into the house is not only not necessary (without a warrant), it is a risk to Maxine that is not worth taking.

She would be smart to pass on living in the house and find a better place to live.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">