• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I live in indiana. There is a known drug house in my family and me and my fiance are wanting to move into it. The drug dealer doesn't live there no more. How do I get the police to know that he doesn't live there no more and to get it off the known drug house list?

xylene

Contact the police on a non emergency line and ask to speak to the head narcotics detective or chief. Talk with the officer and maybe arrange a meeting with them in person to discuss the new status of your property.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I live in indiana. There is a known drug house in my family and me and my fiance are wanting to move into it. The drug dealer doesn't live there no more. How do I get the police to know that he doesn't live there no more and to get it off the known drug house list?
Let the police know and deal with the fact that the house (and its residents) will have increased scrutiny until they are convinced of what you say.

I don't know. Someone was mowing the yard the other day at the house and they seen he left that house and they pulled him over.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Frankly, even if you talk to them about it, there will be increased scrutiny for a while. You may be inconvenienced until the stigma fades.

Just Blue

Why would you want to live there? Do you have children living with you? You do understand the police might be the least of the problems living in a known drug house...right?

xylene

There isn't anything you do that will have instant effect. You can talk to the police without agreeing to waive any of your rights - like being free of searches. You really will need to interact with the police in a community way and present yourself as not involved in drugs. You could try speaking with local media, community and religious groups. Look for allies who will publicly support you. Find out who represents you at various levels of government and write them. Ask for an appointment at their office. Go to a local government meeting and explain your situation and what you are trying to accomplish.

Yes it is true that you may have some ongoing issues with police. They have a pattern. You have to be a part of breaking that pattern and making this place your home.

Yes, interacting with the police is stressful. Practice being assertive. You can be assertive and polite. Be proactive.

This is your home and you are improving the community. You deserve to be proud of what you are doing. Keep your head high.

There isn't anything you do that will have instant effect. You can talk to the police without agreeing to waive any of your rights - like being free of searches. You really will need to interact with the police in a community way and present yourself as not involved in drugs. You could try speaking with local media, community and religious groups. Look for allies who will publicly support you. Find out who represents you at various levels of government and write them. Ask for an appointment at their office. Go to a local government meeting and explain your situation and what you are trying to accomplish.

Yes it is true that you may have some ongoing issues with police. They have a pattern. You have to be a part of breaking that pattern and making this place your home.

Yes, interacting with the police is stressful. Practice being assertive. You can be assertive and polite. Be proactive.

This is your home and you are improving the community. You deserve to be proud of what you are doing. Keep your head high.
I have never gotten into trouble. And some of the police know me. So as long as I don't get into trouble then would they leave me alone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">