• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug OD death contested policy <2yrs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Redbull1025

What is the name of your state? NY

My friend's Wife died due to a drug overdose. She had been treated several times in a hospital, saw conselors/pstchologist, and attended meetings regularly but had a relapse that killed her.

It is sad because they have young children who will grow up without a mother. She was insured for $1million dollars but my friend is worried that since the policy is less than two years it will be contested. On the application she denied having ever been treated.

Will they pay? Will the insurance co. find out? I read about this giant insurance database that all insureres have access to. will her hospital stay's and psychologist visits show up and be used by the insurance co. as evidence of a preexisting condition or misrepresentation on the application? Or do HIPPA laws keep this private?

Shay-Pari'e

Redbull1025 said:
What is the name of your state? NY

My friend's Wife died due to a drug overdose. She had been treated several times in a hospital, saw conselors/pstchologist, and attended meetings regularly but had a relapse that killed her.

It is sad because they have young children who will grow up without a mother. Very sad .

She was insured for $1million dollars but my friend is worried that since the policy is less than two years it will be contested. On the application she denied having ever been treated. It will not be contested because it is two year's old, it will be contested because she did not devuldge her medical history.

Will they pay? I highly doubt it, they insured a person with no prior drug problem.

Will the insurance co. find out? They will find out.

I read about this giant insurance database that all insureres have access to. will her hospital stay's and psychologist visits show up and be used by the insurance co. as evidence of a preexisting condition or misrepresentation on the application? Absolutely.

Or do HIPPA laws keep this private?
Not in this case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">