• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drug testing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sm1st

What is the name of your state? NY

I reviewed my employment contract and it says nothing about drug testing. The only reference to termination is substance abuse. Is this enough to fight a possible positive for THC?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No.

You are wasting your time trying to find any illegalities in this. Since your state does not forbid random testing, and since you tested positive for an illegal drug, I can see no circumstances whatsoever in which your company is going to be forced to take you back.

Your contract does not have to list every possible eventuality.

Beth3

And how do you think they're going to determine substance abuse? An honor system? "Please report to the office if you smoked dope over the weekend."

Listen, if you come up positive for marijuana you're going to have to accept whatever consequences your employer decides to hand out. You have two choices: (1) sweat it out till the test results come in and see what happens, or (2) go to your boss/HR and tell them that you made a huge error in judgement, the test will probably come back positive, and beg for mercy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">