• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DRUG TESTING

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

starpatch04

My ex says I was on drugs the night he hit me. The only thing I take is Zoloft which makes me calmer, so if they took a drug test that would be what they would find. If he asks for me to be tested, when would they give it to me? How soon.

J

Jussa Gess

I read your other post also, maybe I missed something...... :confused:

This is Jussa Gess :D: with no legal answers or advice you should neccessarily follow. But, Isn't it your ex that is being brought up on charges and not you? Sounds like you may be more worried about him dredging up the past and your current use of meds more than the fact he hit YOU! If it's your parent's image of you that concerns you, stop beating yourself up! If they feel you had it coming to you like your ex did....they aren't worth the worry!

Even if you have hit him in the past...and no reports of it were made by him, he can't counter prosecute you now, unless he has some pretty incriminating evidence. That would have to be done in a seperate issue, if that can even be done from past tense. The only purpose a claim stating you hit him first :rolleyes: might serve, (I assume he would need credible witness's to support his claims of your "alledged" violent nature), might be that he hit you in self-defense. (and of course to intimidate you to believe your family might alienate you if they only knew!?).

As to having to perform a drug test? I wouldn't be worried about it. I have no idea if they can force you to submit or not....I don't know why they would. Remember your not the one up on charges....HE IS!
Anyway, whether you were on drugs or not the night he HIT YOU.....it's long gone and out of your system. At least that day's/night's dosage. He would have no way of proving the fact unless he has credible witness's that are willing to testify under oathe they saw you take meds before the incident.

Unless he slapped you around to keep you awake or from over-dosing and you used it to manipulate the charges and abusive evidence, and I doubt that, your worries are irrelevent. If I were you and I may be wrong. But IF everything IS as you say, by reading between the lines.......stop worrying about what others will think, stop beating yourself up, blaming yourself for his poor choice in hitting you, and start thinking about making life better for the future, & for you!

I hope if any of what I say here is incorrect and legal advice is needed.....someone will set things straight....

GOOD LUCK!

Jussa Gess

J

Jussa Gess

This is Jussa Gess :D: with no legal answers or advice you should neccessarily follow. But, Isn't it your ex that is being brought up on charges and not you? Sounds like you may be more worried about him dredging up the past and your current use of meds more than the fact he hit YOU! If it's your parent's image of you that concerns you, stop beating yourself up! If they feel you had it coming to you like your ex did....they aren't worth the worry!

Even if you have hit him in the past...and no reports of it were made by him, he can't counter prosecute you now, unless he has some pretty incriminating evidence. That would have to be done in a seperate issue, if that can even be done from past tense. The only purpose a claim stating you hit him first :rolleyes: might serve, (I assume he would need credible witness's to support his claims of your "alledged" violent nature), might be that he hit you in self-defense. (and of course to intimidate you to believe your family might alienate you if they only knew!?).

As to having to perform a drug test? I wouldn't be worried about it. I have no idea if they can force you to submit or not....I don't know why they would. Remember your not the one up on charges....HE IS!
Anyway, whether you were on drugs or not the night he HIT YOU.....it's long gone and out of your system. At least that day's/night's dosage. He would have no way of proving the fact unless he has credible witness's that are willing to testify under oathe they saw you take meds before the incident.

Unless he slapped you around to keep you awake or from over-dosing and you used it to manipulate the charges and abusive evidence, and I doubt that, your worries are irrelevent. If I were you and I may be wrong. But IF everything IS as you say, by reading between the lines.......stop worrying about what others will think, stop beating yourself up, blaming yourself for his poor choice in hitting you, and start thinking about making life better for the future, & for you!

I hope if any of what I say here is incorrect and legal advice is needed.....someone will set things straight....

GOOD LUCK!

Jussa Gess

J

Jussa Gess

GOOD LUCK!

Jussa Gess

J

Jussa Gess

OOpsy....let me just say it again....and again, and again!

LOL, Wussssssup with my note triple posting!?! Sorry about that!

S

starpatch04

Thank you Jussa you made me feel alot better. I know my parents will be on my side, I just dont want to worry them more than they have been. What is it that you think you missed in the beginning?

[This message has been edited by starpatch04 (edited August 20, 2000).]

J

Jussa Gess

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by starpatch04:
Thank you Jussa you made me feel alot better. I know my parents will be on my side, I just dont want to worry them more than they have been. What is it that you think you missed in the beginning?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your welcome. Looks like I read your post correctly. ;) Glad I could help ease your mind. Amazing how much energy can go into worrying. Only to find it was all for nothing. Though I can see how this man has managed to continue his mental manipulation upon you, despite the protective orders. Don't enable his efforts by believing everything or ANYTHING the twirp has to say...Just hold your chin up, don't let 'em see you sweat & keep reminding yourself when all this comes to a head....your not the one on trial, HE IS. Your biggest mistake was choosing him, and you've already been punished enough...don't ya think?.

Best of luck to you.

J

Jussa Gess

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by starpatch04:
Thank you Jussa you made me feel alot better. I know my parents will be on my side, I just dont want to worry them more than they have been. What is it that you think you missed in the beginning?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your welcome. Looks like I read your post correctly. ;) Glad I could help ease your mind. Amazing how much energy can go into worrying. Only to find it was all for nothing. Though I can see how this man has managed to continue his mental manipulation upon you, despite the protective orders. Don't enable his efforts by believing everything or ANYTHING the twirp has to say...Just hold your chin up, don't let 'em see you sweat & keep reminding yourself when all this comes to a head....your not the one on trial, HE IS. Your biggest mistake was choosing him, and you've already been punished enough...don't ya think?.

Best of luck to you.

S

starpatch04

Thanks, yes I ususally put more energy into worry than anything else. Well his court date is this morning so I am praying he will change his plea, cause I just want hom out of my life and if he pleads not guilty his record will come public info to me and others and I know he is hiding something so it would be in his best interest to plead guilty. Ill let you know what happens tonight. Thanks again.

PS How do you double your replies like that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">