• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drugs found in RV after vacation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daveillinois

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Illinois
After a week of vacation in Missouri we stopped at Trail of Tears SP. Other campers were there and we started to talk to two of them. They also liked trains which come by the campground at all hours of the day. We went to our rv and started playing cards, talking and drinking beer. The two people had and used pot, we did not use it and don't use it. The problem is they left it in the rv, the third drawer down in the kitchen, I guess because we were playing cards on the small kitchen table and beer cans were on the sink counter. Well, after leaving there and coming back to Illinois we don't do a inventory of our rv or anything like that, and the next Friday we were stopped at a roadblock like all other vehicles. The drug dog there went off and we allowed the search because we had only beer in there. Well, I was arrested for the pot and the one hitter. Court comes up Sep 19th and really don't know what to do.
I was thinking of talking to the DA and telling them the story hoping they would drop the case. The other thing was to go to jury trial and be my own lawyer. I can pass any drug test.

Dave

racer72

I was thinking of talking to the DA and telling them the story hoping they would drop the case.
How many times to you think the DA hears this same old song and dance? 95% of the people busted for drugs claim it belongs to someone else. And it always someone they don't know. You need a more original story.

The other thing was to go to jury trial and be my own lawyer.
Ever hear the quote "Those that represent themselves in court have a fool for an attorney"?

I can pass any drug test.
Not relevent, you were busted for possession, not using.

daveillinois

I thought "Free Advice" might have some judges and or lawyers that know something about Illinois law and not comments from the general public. I'm looking for some info on what I posted and not anyone personal opinon. If you know nothing about the law just post in farms/gardens area at Lowes.

Dave

smutlydog

daveillinois said:
I thought "Free Advice" might have some judges and or lawyers that know something about Illinois law and not comments from the general public. I'm looking for some info on what I posted and not anyone personal opinon. If you know nothing about the law just post in farms/gardens area at Lowes.

Dave
Possession means you had control over it.No one else was in the Rv when they stopped you so it isn't possible to prove somebody else was responsible.Even so you knownly allowed someone else to enter your RV with weed which makes you guilty.

racer72

I guess you want your answer straight up.

1. Lamest excuse around, won't work.
2. Get yourself an attorney. You get what you pay for.
3. Fuhgetaboutit.

My first post was based on legal fact, it is painfully obvious you have absolutely no concept of the legal ramifications of your arrest. And my post count in these forums speak for themself.

pmccrite

missouri

When you let any person inside your home, car, rv, ect. you not only take on the responsibility of that person but also anything that person may or maynot have in there possession. People who use drugs tend to loose all sense of respondibility for themselves or the people around them. They tend to not care of the position they would happen to leave another person in. Where you messed up was allowing it to begin with, if you don't use it WHY let someone you don't even know come into your private space and use it?Not to be mean but at this point you excepted any and all consequences that may occure because of this. Unfortunately your new found friends didn't care. You need an attorney. Hopefully , First offense, probation Good Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">