• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drunk Driver Hit and Run

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KPace

i was hit the other nite by a man who openly admitted he had been drinking when he rear ended us. there was minimal car damage and there was minor neck injuries. the police were very unhelpful with this, even though he was a risk to others and we were the victems. we have his license plate # and car discription, but I dont know my rights in this situation. i will need to go to the chiropractor for some therapy as well.

Turn the claim into your own insurance company and give them this guy's license plate number.

They will track him down and determine whether or not he was insured. If he is not insured, your insurance company will open an uninsured motorist claim (if you carry UM coverage). If he has insurance, then you present his insurance company with your claim.

The uninsured motorist coverage on your policy will pay out for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, if he was uninsured. It's up to your insurance company to determine whether or not he is.

I am not an attorney. I am a liability claims adjuster.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">