• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drunk Driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Diane516

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I had a party over the weekend and one of the guest (age 35) was involved in an auto accident resulting from being drunk (twice the legal limit). He has been charged with a DUI and aggraviated assult. Injuries were sustained to him and to his 4 passengers (1 adult, 3 Children) what I need to know is: am I going to be held responsible for these five people? Do I need a lawyer??? Please advise.

HomeGuru

Diane516 said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I had a party over the weekend and one of the guest (age 35) was involved in an auto accident resulting from being drunk (twice the legal limit). He has been charged with a DUI and aggraviated assult. Injuries were sustained to him and to his 4 passengers (1 adult, 3 Children) what I need to know is: am I going to be held responsible for these five people? Do I need a lawyer??? Please advise.
**A: consult with an attorney asap.

B

black and proud

Aggravated assault after driving drunk? I'm almost afraid to ask what happened. I don't think you'll be held accountable for that part of it.

You may end up being held liable for this clown getting drunk though. It's not right but it happens.

Lawyers are ruining this country with their greedy lawsuits. It's no longer the driver's fault for driving drunk, it's the bar's fault for serving them because the bar has a better liability insurance policy.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

black and proud said:
Aggravated assault after driving drunk? I'm almost afraid to ask what happened. I don't think you'll be held accountable for that part of it.

You may end up being held liable for this clown getting drunk though. It's not right but it happens.

Lawyers are ruining this country with their greedy lawsuits. It's no longer the driver's fault for driving drunk, it's the bar's fault for serving them because the bar has a better liability insurance policy.
My response:

Hey, plifter aka "black and proud" - -

Why don't you check out California Civil Code section 1714(b) before you go shooting off your stupid mouth ?

Why don't you read the California case called - - Taylor v. Super.Ct. (Stille) (1979) 24 Cal.3d 890, 157 Cal.Rptr. 693, before you open that huge mouth of yours, you dimwit.

"Sometimes I like to jack off while I'm driving and the tinting gives me a bit of privacy."

- - By member "plifter," February 24, 2002

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">