• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drunk in public arrest in california asking for dismissal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

silverzz

I recently got a drunk in public charge in california, they did a breathalyzer at the station but I do not know what it read, they booked me for an overnight at the jail. My friend bailed me out and I have an arraingmnet set in a few days, and someone advised me that I could go try and ask for a dismissal? how would I do that and what exactly does that mean? and if they said no I could ask for time to consult with a lawyer on what I want to plead? I want to make sure I do the right thing and not piss the judge off.

CdwJava

I recently got a drunk in public charge in california, they did a breathalyzer at the station but I do not know what it read, they booked me for an overnight at the jail. My friend bailed me out and I have an arraingmnet set in a few days, and someone advised me that I could go try and ask for a dismissal? how would I do that and what exactly does that mean? and if they said no I could ask for time to consult with a lawyer on what I want to plead? I want to make sure I do the right thing and not piss the judge off.
The arraignment is where they will ask for a plea and, if the DA is going to pursue criminal charges (and often they do not), you will be asked if you need appointed counsel and cannot afford one.

A plea deal can be arranged later and may be to some sort of treatment. They rarely just drop a case if they have no reason to simply because you ask.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">