• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drunken night

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ccullen91

So apparently 5 years ago I got a girl pregnant that I had met off an app we drank a gallon of Jose Cuervo I blacked out I remember I didn’t really like her so I never hit her up a month later she tells me she’s pregnant and it’s between me and two other dudes I suggested she get an abortion and blocked her... 5 years later she shows up at my house says I owe child support... I wanted to know for myself if it was my kid so I did a DNA test found out it was so I met the girl so she knew who her father was but I have two kids and I did not want this, she also had someone else sign the birth certificate which I thought legally bonded him so why am I getting child support notices and it removed from my checks? What can I do about this? I do not plan to sign the child’s birth certificate and to be honest she’s not a fit mother we met at Chuck E. Cheese and she asked my girlfriend if she wanted to do coke in the bathroom... If I knew this woman or even had control I would have never had intercourse much less even dated this woman...

Just Blue

So apparently 5 years ago I got a girl pregnant that I had met off an app we drank a gallon of Jose Cuervo I blacked out I remember I didn’t really like her so I never hit her up a month later she tells me she’s pregnant and it’s between me and two other dudes I suggested she get an abortion and blocked her... 5 years later she shows up at my house says I owe child support... I wanted to know for myself if it was my kid so I did a DNA test found out it was so I met the girl so she knew who her father was but I have two kids and I did not want this, she also had someone else sign the birth certificate which I thought legally bonded him so why am I getting child support notices and it removed from my checks? What can I do about this? I do not plan to sign the child’s birth certificate and to be honest she’s not a fit mother we met at Chuck E. Cheese and she asked my girlfriend if she wanted to do coke in the bathroom... If I knew this woman or even had control I would have never had intercourse much less even dated this woman...
Is your question: Do I have to pay child support when I regret boffing this woman and making a human being with her? ?The answer is yes. You have to financially support the child you helped create. And shame on you for everything you posted.

Ccullen91

Ok some actual help would be nice... Cause from my research he signed the birth certificate and doing so he is responsible for all obligations. People make mistakes the fact she didn’t know who the father was she should have got an abortion... It’s not right that a woman can easily say she doesn’t know who the father is and get an abortion but when the woman wants to keep the kid we have no say she felt she could do it so she can do it all or give the child up for adoption to a family that can... I have two kids that I wanted from two different woman I dated for over 3 years. I did not know this woman for 24 hours...

Ccullen91

Is your question: Do I have to pay child support when I regret boffing this woman and making a human being with her? ?The answer is yes. You have to financially support the child you helped create. And shame on you for everything you posted.
above... She also built a relationship for the child with the guy that signed the birth certificate... She had control over the situation I knew I was not fit for another child she decided to take it on not me... I would not mind paying if I had a relationship with her mother and consetual intercourse...

Just Blue

Ok some actual help would be nice... Cause from my research he signed the birth certificate and doing so he is responsible for all obligations. People make mistakes the fact she didn’t know who the father was she should have got an abortion... It’s not right that a woman can easily say she doesn’t know who the father is and get an abortion but when the woman wants to keep the kid we have no say she felt she could do it so she can do it all or give the child up for adoption to a family that can... I have two kids that I wanted from two different woman I dated for over 3 years. I did not know this woman for 24 hours...
Apparently a man wrongly thought he was the father and signed the AOP. At some point there was a question regarding paternity and he was granted a DNA test which showed he was not the father.

At some point you were adjudicated to be the father of this poor little girl. You there for must financially support her. You have the right to have visitation as she is you child and the sibling of your other children. That you can't stand her mom, has nothing to do with this little girl. If you have any kind of conscience and moral code you will step up to the plate and be a father to her.

FYI: If you don't want to have random children with women whom you neither care for or know...don't have sex with them. When you had unprotected sex with this strange woman you gifted her your sperm. Once it "took" and a little human was conceived...It's mom's choice how she wants to continue.

Just Blue

above... She also built a relationship for the child with the guy that signed the birth certificate... She had control over the situation I knew I was not fit for another child she decided to take it on not me... I would not mind paying if I had a relationship with her mother and consetual intercourse...
You can NOT stop child support because you don't like the childs mother. Wrap you little head around the fact that you will me supporting this child until she reaches her majority.

CdwJava

Ccullen91, like it or not - REMEMBER the experience, or not - if a paternity test has established you are the father, then YOU can be held responsible. The CHILD is not to blame for any of this, and your cold suggestion that she get an abortion and then block her was really a dick move.

Just Blue said:
FYI: If you don't want to have random children with women whom you neither care for or know...don't have sex with them. When you had unprotected sex with this strange woman you gifted her your sperm. Once it "took" and a little human was conceived...It's mom's choice how she wants to continue.
And, THIS! ^^^

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
What can I do about this? I do not plan to sign the child’s birth certificate....
Signing the birth certificate does not make you legally the father. Signing a voluntary affidavit of paternity (AOP) however does result in you being determined the child's legal father. In general you don't want to sign an AOP if there is any doubt that the child might not be yours. If you've not known the woman long then you definitely shouldn't sign an AOP because you ought not trust her statements that you were the only guy she had sex with. If you didn't sign the AOP then the mother or the state had to go to court to have you determined the father and to get a court order of support. If child support is already being deducted from your checks then a child support garnishment was served on your employer. That means that you were determined to be the father by a court and a court order was entered obligating you to pay child support. If you never were served with the complaint for paternity and child support you could move to set those judgments aside but it wouldn't do you any good because they could simply start the process again, get you properly served and once the court sees the DNA confirming paternity you'll be right back owing child support.

The one thing you can do that might be helpful is see if you might be able to file a motion to reduce the amount of support. If the child support was determined by default there is a chance that the amount is not right. Talk to a family law attorney to go over your situation and find out exactly what options you have.

And in the future, don't drink so much that you get drunk. I've seen many ordinarily smart sensible people do really stupid things when drunk that they end up regretting greatly afterwards. You've just joined that group and are going to paying for years as a result of it. So at least make sure you learn from it so you don't screw up again.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Ok some actual help would be nice... Cause from my research he signed the birth certificate and doing so he is responsible for all obligations.
So he attempted to establish paternity.

Well, apparently his paternity has been disestablished, and as the (proven) biological parent, you are now the legal father.

Of course, if she'd married the guy, and he was willing to adopt the kid, that would be a way to terminate your parental rights. However, you can't unilaterally terminate your own parental rights and responsibilities.

People make mistakes the fact she didn’t know who the father was she should have got an abortion... It’s not right that a woman can easily say she doesn’t know who the father is and get an abortion but when the woman wants to keep the kid we have no say she felt she could do it so she can do it all or give the child up for adoption to a family that can...
And when you grow a uterus and get pregnant, then whether or a baby is aborted will be your choice.

I've got some secrets to share with you:
1) She doesn't remember much of that one night stand with you either, and the only thing that "rocked her world" about it was the resultant child.
2) It's easier to pay child support than go through a pregnancy and raise a kid.

I have two kids that I wanted from two different woman I dated for over 3 years. I did not know this woman for 24 hours...
Fertile Freddy needs a snip snip. 3 kids and 3 baby mamas is enough!

Ccullen91

Making post like “maybe if men didn’t dress the way they did all flashy and stuff in designer... Cardi wouldn’t have drugged them and robbed them... Like have some respect for yourself basically asking for it” if I’m going to be legally obligated to be apart of this child’s life I will call cps get sole custody and put her up for adoption. Sorry I can’t support another kid financially and the fact I did not know this woman who apparently is pro abortion but sleeps with 3 guys in less then a month and gets pregnant she also just got surgery a week before she asked my girlfriend to do coke in a Chuck E. Cheese bathroom with her what was the surgery for a deviated septum... So how you feel about the situation if I have to call cps and get sole custody to put her up for adoption I guess that’s my only option...

Just Blue

Making post like “maybe if men didn’t dress the way they did all flashy and stuff in designer... Cardi wouldn’t have drugged them and robbed them... Like have some respect for yourself basically asking for it” if I’m going to be legally obligated to be apart of this child’s life I will call cps get sole custody and put her up for adoption. Sorry I can’t support another kid financially and the fact I did not know this woman who apparently is pro abortion but sleeps with 3 guys in less then a month and gets pregnant she also just got surgery a week before she asked my girlfriend to do coke in a Chuck E. Cheese bathroom with her what was the surgery for a deviated septum... So how you feel about the situation if I have to call cps and get sole custody to put her up for adoption I guess that’s my only option...
Doesn't work that way. But that you would even THINK to do that to a child is vile. You won't get sole custody but even IF you did you would not be able to place the child for adoption. The child might end up in Foster Care or with a maternal relative and you will still be paying support.

The hatred you are displaying for this innocent child is disgusting.

Ccullen91

since when was child support for vacations? The guidelines and standards child support is based on makes no sense I already pay $500 for my first daughter when I make $2400 a month and her mom makes $4k a month and has a child with another person the court says I only need $127 for the kid I live with though... So all the negative shit child support is not for the child it’s how woman get a second paycheck for opening their legs...

Ccullen91

Child support should be the father being active in the child’s life but nah no one filed custody just child support which if you ask me is shady cause if it’s about the child’s best interest if the mother is only asking for child support but not trying to have the father be in their life then it’s obviously not in the best interest of the child. Woman out here chasing checks... Not right... What about equal rights? Woman always get it easy

Ccullen91

I pay child support for the daughter I wanted and her mom can’t buy her medicine, pack her a decent bag of clothes, buy for her birthday, she makes $4k plus the 500 from me plus 500 from my Gma who also gave her $7k so she can have another kid while not married... I don’t feel sorry for this but I’m not having another manizer in my life. don’t make any sense... Fathers have no protection or rights...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">