• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DS160--Need urgent Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

karan2405

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Hi,

I am travelling to India and returning on 4/12/2010.I have to do Visa stamping this time.

I got interview date and DS160 confirmation code.Suddenly I realised that I have mentioned incorrect US travel date(one typo)

I have mentioned 3/12/12 instead of 3/12/10.Will there be any problem?please suggest as my interview date is very near.

candg918

It is not exactly a small mistake. You can ask to have it corrected, but if your visa is rejected, it could be due to your carelessness. What do you expect us to do?

karan2405

I donot want you to do anything .I just ask for a suggestion.

My US return date is 4/12/2010 and I mentioned in DS160 as 4/12/2012.

My company told me if asked by visa officer explain accordingly.I will carry my return ticket with me.

Also,while checking few forums it is mentioned that incase of small spell error no need to do whole process again instead just tell visa officer.

I though to check with you expert and take next steps accordingly.
Thanks for information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">