• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Due Process

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My question is concerning my local town judge from NY. He entered a guilty plea without me or my attorney knowing about it. I only found out becuase my probation officer was sent a letter by the judge requesting a sentencing report. Last I knew, I was supposed to go to trial. The last time I went in front of the judge, he really seemed hopeful that he would get to sentence me again... I have suppose to go in front of him in 1 1/2 weeks. What can I do to alleviate this situation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential