• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dui/car W/club/father Cosigner/help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mzzfoxx

What is the name of your state? Ohio

My brother got a dui and refused the breathalizer. This automatically gives him a 1 yr. suspended license.

My Father cosigned for the car my brother has.

The car now has a club on it and is parked in my brother's apartment parking lot with no license plates.

Now.. is it possible for my Father to get the car into his name and get temporary tags for it to prevent it from being towed from
the parking space?

Can the club be removed? and if so HOW?

Would it be possible for my Father to get the car into his name and sell it to recover some of the loss?

PLEASE HELP!!!

JETX

Q1) "My Father cosigned for the car my brother has."
A1) Is your fathers name on the title, either as owner or joint-owner. If not, then he simply has no legal claim to ownership... just the obligation to assure payment to the lender.

Q2) "The car now has a club on it and is parked in my brother's apartment parking lot with no license plates."
A2) Who put the 'club' on it?? If your brother, then your father should be able to discuss this with him to get it removed.... and to agree to transfer the title to your father in return for him (father) making the payments. If your father does have to make payments on your brothers behalf, your father could sue your brother to recover his damages.... the payments made.

Q3) "Now.. is it possible for my Father to get the car into his name and get temporary tags for it to prevent it from being towed from the parking space? Can the club be removed? and if so HOW? Would it be possible for my Father to get the car into his name and sell it to recover some of the loss?"
A3) See above.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">