• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI in Indiana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tpope

I was arrested for OVWI/MA in Indianapolis on July 9 and was released O.R. My court date is July 18.My blood alcohol level was .17 according to the breathilizer test at the time of arrest.My questions are:1)I live at or near the poverty line and do not see myself being able to afford a lawyer. Do I need one/Should I have one/What are the benefits to having one/Does Legal Aid work on these types of cases? 2)My arrest was in a state other than the one in which I live and other than where my current license is from (I live in Kentucky.My license is in Ohio. I was arrested in Indiana)How does this set of circumstances affect my case-either the trial or the final sentence? Can I get any or all of the proceedings switched to my state of residence, or would that not be advisable, even if possible? 3)What is the likely penalty I am facing considering I have no prior arrests for this offense and other than a ticket for seat-belt violation have a clean driving record at least 5 years back.

T

Tracey

1) Fill out the forms for a public defender. You don't want to try to defend yourself.

2) You will be tried in Indiana, but you might be able to convince the State to let you serve your probation in KY.

3) Ask your lawyer.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">