• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI in one state moved to another

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alaska and Montana

I received a DUI in Montana 2 years ago. I was a resident of Montana while I was arrested and convicted. I completed all of the stipulations Montana set for less the 3 years SR22. I recently moved to Alaska and switched residency to Alaska. I believe in Alaska you have to retain SR22 insurance for 5 years, where Montana is only three. Who's time frame am i held to? Also is there a way to shorten the time frame of SR22?


Junior Member
Yes, I got my Montana Drivers License back and then moved to Alaska 6 months later. I took a written exam and received my Alaska Drivers License.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential