• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI is pending

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blove29

What is the name of your state? Nevada

I went to court today for my first court appearance for a DUI. I was looking for my name on the TV monitor screen so i knew what court room to go to and which floor. When it finally got to my name it said "case pending see info center". I went to the info center and they gave me a yellow slip. It said at the present time the DA is not pursuing this matter, but if they do i will be summoned to the court by mail and to make sure my address is current.

Has anybody gone through this, does this mean my Dui was dismissed and for what reasons usually. This would be really awesome if this case was thrown out. Talk about a headache gone away.

Ptorian

Maybe.....

Most likely the DA's office doesn't intend to pursue it. But it will still have the option for some time. What are the details of your arrest?

blove29

Pulled over for driving reckless or so they say, just needed a reason to pull me over. Actually they pulled up right next to me going 40 mph and looked inside my vehicle while driving to see if i was wearing my seatbelt. i was so they really slowed down and then got behind me and pulled me over.

Having been through a DUI before and had it dismissed, I took the advice of my previous attorney. Dont say anything and do not do anything and they have nothing. They asked for field sobriety tests, I said no, they tried to ask me a lot of questions in which I remained silent. About the only thing I said was, " am i under arrest"? At the detention center they asked to draw blood and I refused. At the time I was unaware of Nevadas laws and did not know you had to submit blood and they can take it by force if you refuse. Anyhow, I said no and the police officer choked me until I almost passed out. Feeling like my life was threatened I finally submitted to a blood test but asked that my attorney be present. They took the blood anyways, choking me a second time. I asked the nurse afterwards if this room was under survellance and she said yes. Thats about it really.... This incident happened on January 6th of 2007...

AlanShore

Pulled over for driving reckless or so they say, just needed a reason to pull me over. Actually they pulled up right next to me going 40 mph and looked inside my vehicle while driving to see if i was wearing my seatbelt. i was so they really slowed down and then got behind me and pulled me over.

Having been through a DUI before and had it dismissed, I took the advice of my previous attorney. Dont say anything and do not do anything and they have nothing. They asked for field sobriety tests, I said no, they tried to ask me a lot of questions in which I remained silent. About the only thing I said was, " am i under arrest"? At the detention center they asked to draw blood and I refused. At the time I was unaware of Nevadas laws and did not know you had to submit blood and they can take it by force if you refuse. Anyhow, I said no and the police officer choked me until I almost passed out. Feeling like my life was threatened I finally submitted to a blood test but asked that my attorney be present. They took the blood anyways, choking me a second time. I asked the nurse afterwards if this room was under survellance and she said yes. Thats about it really.... This incident happened on January 6th of 2007...
Well that explains it. You could have the cop charges. So they are trying to cover it up and make it go away.

mikefitz

So because of an irresponsible police officer another criminal will be released with zero consequences and more than likely operate a vehicle under the influence in the future. Super.

blove29

So because of an irresponsible police officer another criminal will be released with zero consequences and more than likely operate a vehicle under the influence in the future. Super.

The only criminal in this matter is the police officer. The same people that have "to protect and serve" on their police cars are the ones choking their citizens.

rissaface

me too!

State: CA
i too have a pending DUI. my arrest date was on jan 6th, 2007 (which is extremely ironic). my BAC was at .07 and when i went to court my name wasn't on the daily calendar and i was directed to the info counter where i was told the DA hasn't made a decision and that they have up to one year to either drop the charges or give me another court date.

my court date was on Mar. 1st. i have yet to hear either way.

Bretagne

Check with a local DUI attorney to see what the ramifications are to your drivers license. In my state, it doesn't really matter if you get charged criminally or not; as long as they have a positive BAC test (.08 or more) that goes on your driving record immediately as a "qualified impaired driving offense" which results in license revocation (expensive to get reinstated) and acts to aggravate future offenses. So, in my state you might get a dui dismissed, but your next one will still be aggravated to a greater crime due to the positive BAC on your drivers record. Here in MN you'll pay much more to get your license back than you will in fines on the criminal matter anyway, so some prosecutors don't bother to charge a first offense if the period of time (30 days) to challenge the administrative positive test has passed. A second offense you'll get charged for sure, and you'll be charged as though it's your second, not your first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">