• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI or diabetes? Davenport College President Arrested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I laugh at this so hard.. See high the Higher ups always have a good excuse for their DUIS and he probably will get off.. Diabetes... O, come on

WOODTV.com & WOOD TV8: Grand Rapids news, weather, sports and video | DUI or diabetes? Davenport head arrested
Randolph Flechsig, the president of Davenport University, was arrested for drunk driving Sunday. But the university claims he was having a diabetic reaction.

Flechsig was arrested Sunday afternoon by East Grand Rapids police for operating while intoxicated. The 41-year-old Ada man has served as the university's president since 2000.

Flechsig was released on bond Sunday night. He will be arraigned Oct. 1 in 63rd District Court.

In a statement released mid-morning Tuesday, Davenport officials believe Flechsig's "condition when arrested was the result of a diabetic reaction and that blood test results will substantiate this."

Flechsig is on the board for several local organizations, including the Grand Rapids Economic Club, Grand Rapids Griffins Youth Foundation, Hope Network Foundation and the Michigan Chamber of Commerce. Before being Davenport's president, Flechsig served for 10 years as a member and chairman of the Davenport University Central Region Board of Trustees.

CdwJava

I know nothing about this case, but a diabetic episode and some other medical emergencies CAN mimic the symptoms of alcohol or drug impairment. I don't know whether the officers in this case performed proper field sobriety tests or not, or if the DUI was as a result of a crash. Generally, we find these as a result of a collision, but not always.

If he was impaired, then the blood test will show it.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">