• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Khinkat

HELP! I was convicted of a DUI in Illinois, but moved to Florida in the meantime. The judge ordered that in lieu of reappearing after 1 year, I should send an "affidavit" What is that exactly? What should it include? In addition, I was sentanced to the usual Illinois forced counseling which included 6 months of aftercare...I have not been able to afford that since my move, and I'm wondering how long I have to complete it? Iknow I had to pay my fines within a year, but during my first 2 rounds of forced counseling, I encountered many people who had gotten their dui's years ago, but were just then taking their counseling. So my question is...if I don't complete my counseling now..what happens? Does a warrant go out for me in Illinois, or am I just not able to reapply for my Illinois license until I finish it? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">